PowPak dimming module
One single zone controller
For each EcoSystem/DALI lighting zone in the space
EcoSystem/DALI: up to 32 drivers per controller
• Multiple drivers/balasts connected to control module will aways work
together as single zone
• Input 120/277V
- Compatible with any Lutron EcoSystem LED driver or ballast for high performance dimming and control.
- Controls up to 32 EcoSystem fixtures in a single zone. – All fixtures will be at the same light level and cannot be individually controlled
Configurable high- and low-end trim.
- Receives wireless inputs from up to 10 Pico remote controls, 10 Radio Powr Savr occupancy / vacancy sensors, and 1 Radio Powr Savr daylight sensor.
- Utilizes Lutron Clear Connect RF Technology; refer to model number chart below for frequency band data.
- Mounts to a 4 in x 4 in (102 mm x 102 mm) square junction box through a 0.5 in (20 mm) knockout.
• UL Listed
• FCC approved. Complies with the limits for a Class B device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules
• DALI-2 Certified
• cUL and IC
• UL 2043 Plenum Rated
• Listed in accordance to CAN/ULC S102.2-2010 with a Flame Spread Rating of 0 and a Smoke Developed Classification of 40, with a minimum spacing of 6 ft (1.83 m) off center.
• Compatible with DALI-compliant loads
• 120–277 V~ 50/60 Hz, max. current 80 mA
Other Power Specifications
• Standby power:
120–277 V~ <1.0 W
• Operates using Clear Connect RF Technology for reliable wireless communication
• Wireless sensors and controls must be located within 30 ft (9 m) of the associated control module.
Key Design Features
• LED status indicator shows load status and provides programming feedback
• Configurable high-end and low-end trim
• Power failure memory: If power is interrupted, connected loads will return to the previous level prior to interruption
• Ambient operating temperature: 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C)
• 0% to 90% humidity, non-condensing
• For indoor use only
• This device can be installed on a junction box or marshalling box using the conduit nut or with mounting screws and must be installed away from a fixture/troffer. The device must NOT be mounted inside or on a fixture/troffer or other metallic enclosure.
• For applications where code requires the PowPak Control Module to be installed inside an additional junction box (e.g., U.S.A.), please see Lutron Application Note #423 (P/N 048423) at www.lutron.com. For all other installations, refer to
the installation instructions and consult local and national electric codes for proper installation.
• The PowPak Control Module needs to be accessible for some programming steps. Record where it is mounted so that it can be easily located later.
Metal Ceiling Mounting
• Metal ceiling grids must have a >0.12 in (3 mm) gap of non-metal material which extends the entire length of the tile on at least one edge. This is often achieved by foam spacers that are used to prevent tile-to-tile rattling.
• Metal ceiling grids which are continuous (with no gap) or those that are interlocked, must have a total surface area that is less than 900 ft2 (81 m2) for each section. The overall space can be larger as long as there are non-metal sections bordering or intersecting the metal sections.
• 18 V-
• Guaranteed Supply Current: 64 mA
• Maximum Supply Current: 250 mA
• Connects to Lutron EcoSystem LED drivers or ballasts
– Controls up to 32 EcoSystem drivers or ballasts
– Multiple drivers /ballasts connected to a Control
Module will always work together as a single zone
• Can be wired as Class 1 or IEC PELV/NECR Class 2.
For more details, see Lutron Application Note #142
(P/N 048162) at ww.lutron.com
• Polarity free
• Topology free
• The PowPak Control Module is a single master controller
and therefore no other controllers may exist on the
• Ensure that there is no greater than a 2 V~ drop
between the Control Module and the end of the link.
Note: Wired sensors connected to EcoSystem devices
are NOT supported.