Lutron Vive – Wireless Receptacle
The Wireless Receptacle is a radio-frequency (RF) receptacle switching solution that is capable of controlling 15 A or 20 A split or duplex style receptacles when paired with Pico wireless controls
and Radio Powr Savr occupancy/vacancy sensors.
Communication with RF input devices, such as Pico wireless controls and/or Radio Powr Savr occupancy / vacancy sensors, is accomplished using Lutron Clear Connect RF Technology.
These products are compatible with the Vive wireless hub which enables a simple setup process using a standard web browser on any Wi-Fi enabled phone, tablet, or computer. The hub enables control and monitoring of all Vive devices. The Vive wireless hub can be added at any time. For a complete list of features supported with the Vive wireless hub, see
specification submittal 369902.
NOTE: Not intended for control of permanently installed lighting fixtures.
• Utilizes Lutron Clear Connect RF Technology
• Receives wireless inputs from up to 10 Pico wireless controls and 10 Radio Powr Savr occupancy / vacancy sensors
• Capable of switching general-purpose loads
• Capable of switching downstream receptacles
• Adaptive Switching: maximizes relay life by switching at the point of minimum energy on the AC power curve
• Tamper resistant
• RoHS Compliant
• Includes required controlled outlet labels for code compliance
• Includes plastic screw terminal covers
• cULus 498B-SA; Listed with Federal Specification WC596
• FCC approved. Complies with the limits for a Class B device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC
• Industry Canada
• NOM and IFT (Mexico)
• ASHRAE 90.1 compliant when used with wireless transmitters or the Vive wireless hub
• CEC Title 24 compliant when used with wireless transmitters or the Vive wireless hub
• NEMA® WD-6 compliant Power
• Operating voltage: 120 V~ 50 / 60 Hz
• Operates using Clear Connect RF Technology for reliable wireless communication.
• RF range is 60 ft (18 m) line of sight, or 30 ft (9 m), through walls. For maximum RF range do not place large office furniture in front of wireless receptacles.
• Ambient operating temperature: 32 ˚F to 122 ˚F (0 ˚C to 50 ˚C)
• 0% to 90% humidity, non-condensing
• For indoor use only
• Each terminal accepts up to two 14 AWG to 12 AWG (1.5 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 ) wires
• Side or back wire installation capable
• Solid or stranded wires
• Copper wires only Switching
• Adaptive zero cross—maximizes relay life by actively adapting to variations in relay timing to switch at the point of minimum energy on the AC power curve.
• Available in 15 A or 20 A varieties. See chart below for maximum load ratings.
• No minimum load requirements.
• The Wireless Receptacle may be used with, but is not limited to, the following:
Note: Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for acceptable switching methods.
• The Wireless Receptacle is NOT suitable for use with devices that require any of the following:
– Shut-down process before power is interrupted, such as computers.
– Cool-down process before power is interrupted, such as projectors.
– Programming, such as clocks or DVRs.
– Long warm-up cycle. • Ensure that the equipment being controlled is visible from every control location and that only suitable equipment is connected to these controls.
• Not for use with loads that present a hazard if automatically energized. For example, heaters.
• Any receptacles that are controlled by an automatic control device must be marked with “ u” located on the controlled receptacle outlet where visible after installation as stated in 2014 NECR Article 406.3(E).
NOTE: Labels with this marking “u” are included with the product.
• Typical U.S. style wallbox dimensions:
3.0 in (76 mm) H x 2.0 in (51 mm) W x 2.5 in (64 mm) D
Lutron Vive CAR2S-15-DTR-LA
Lutron Vive CAR2S-15-DTR-WH
Lutron Vive CAR2S-15-STR-BL
Lutron Vive CAR2S-15-STR-LA
Lutron Vive CAR2S-15-STR-WH
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-DTR-BL
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-DTR-LA
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-DTR-WH
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-STR-BL
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-STR-LA
Lutron Vive CAR2S-20-STR-WH